Ep. 69 Video Production for Your Online Program with Holly Gillen
Should I do face-to-camera?
Can I do a voice-over slide deck?
What kind of lighting do I set up in my work space?
These are common questions that I get from my clients who want to learn or improve the video portion of their online programs.
If you’re wondering how to transition from teaching in person to teaching online using video, we have an amazing guest today who’s giving us video production tips and strategies for your online program.
Holly Gillen empowers high performing entrepreneurs to save time on both sides of the camera and teaches them the skills they need to create incredible videos they can use online.
Here’s what we talked about:
- Holly’s experience working as a camera operator, video producer and editor before transitioning into her own online business (she got her start during the housing market crisis of 2008!)
- How she successfully transitioned to an online business supporting business owners with their video production (she found that people had the same questions and concerns when it came to video and used her expertise and experience to fulfill that need!)
- Her advice for health professionals transitioning from in person to online teaching (whether you’re teaching one to one in your practice or running a group program!)
- The importance of long-term strategic planning for your videos (using Holly’s four pillars of pre-production: why, who, what and how!)
- The biggest mistake Holly sees people making when it comes to creating videos (not having a plan means your video production will take a lot longer!)
We covered how you can start to create a purposeful plan for your videos, which will help you not only save time but also feel comfortable with creating videos. Having these tips and strategies will help move your online program creation forward, so you can better reach the people who need your expertise and support!
Holly Gillen empowers high performing leading lady entrepreneurs to save time on both sides of the camera & teaches them the skills they need to create not just video but Business Cinema™.
Business Cinema™ is the way she likes to describe the next level video. Not creating content for creating content, but creating videos that have a plan, a purpose and a strategy. Videos that move your business forward and have a bigger purpose.
Holly started her career video production in 2008 as a Camera Operator, Producer, and Editor working with big industry names including the Sundance Channel, Sony Music, Nick.com, HBO, Bono, Big Time Rush, Forest Whitaker and many others.
Her skills and experience run the full gamut from Producing and Directing to Shooting and Editing, and she has translated those skills into a range of educational courses and services to support high performing leading lady entrepreneurs in their quest for video stardom.
If you enjoyed this podcast, you may enjoy these 3 episodes with other advisors from The Leveraged Practice Program: