Ep.53 Create a Program Your People Need with Alissa Rumsey
Talking with other health practitioners, professionals and clinicians helps us learn through their stories and experiences – while talking with our audience helps us create a program that fits exactly with their needs.
Today we have an amazing guest, Alissa Rumsey, Registered Dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and founder of Alissa Rumsey Nutrition and Wellness. She shares her business journey, what changed for her when she connected with her audience and how adding an online program has greatly benefited her business.
Here’s what we talked about:
- The 2 reasons why Alissa wanted to create an online program (so she could scale and reach a different audience who couldn’t afford her one-to-one services!)
- The clarity that Alissa got from doing market research (it’s not worth putting energy and time into creating a program unless you know the market wants it!)
- The first online program she created (and the benefits of taking on dietetic interns for support in getting it done!)
- What she found by running her program with live sessions, instead of doing it as a self-study program (she got amazing feedback since they liked having the support of the group!)
- What running live events has taught her (especially since she had no prior business training!)
One of the biggest things I talk about all the time is how you cannot be perfect. You cannot launch perfectly and you cannot create the perfect ideal program the first time out of the gate… But if you go through the process of doing your market research, listening to your audience and narrowing down your program idea and content, you’ll create an online program that can serve exactly what your clients are looking for!
Alissa Rumsey MS, RD, CDN, CSCS is a New York City-based registered dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor who is passionate about empowering women to reclaim the space to eat and live unapologetically. She is the founder of Alissa Rumsey Nutrition and Wellness, a weight-inclusive private practice that specializes in intuitive eating, body acceptance and disordered eating recovery. Through her virtual one-on-one coaching and online programs, she helps people break the dieting cycle and cultivate a healthy and peaceful relationship with food and their bodies.
If you enjoyed this podcast, you may enjoy these 3 episodes about building an online program for your practice:
- Ep.28: Where Does an Online Program Fit Into My Practice?
- Ep.45 Your Business Model
- Ep.50 Is Now the Right Time to Offer an Online Program?
Don’t forget to get your free copy of the The Perfect Program Idea Workbook! These simple 3 steps will help you nail down the right program idea for your audience. Click here to download.