Ep. 99 How to Develop a Program From a Published Book with Alissa Rumsey
Is writing a book something you’ve been thinking of? Or have you already published a book?
If so, are you wondering how a book can be used as part of growing your practice?
Today, we have another incredible guest and client, Alissa Rumsey, Nutrition Therapist, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and a private virtual practice owner who has a book coming out this month. We’re discussing how a book can fit into your business and how it can be leveraged as a part of your practice, specifically for an online group program.
Here’s what we talked about:
- Overview of all of Alissa’s business offerings (including what happened last year when she pivoted from offering her retreats in person to virtually!)
- All about Alissa’s upcoming book (and how the idea came to publish her own book!)
- The process of writing her book (and how it was very similar to when she created her online group program!)
- How a book can provide an affordable option for leading people through your framework (and an opportunity to build an interested audience!)
- Ideas of how she can support those who want to go deeper with the book content (like a foundational group program with an ongoing community!)
Once you have a book based on the framework that you use with your clients, this structure can be used to create an online program that offers the deeper support they’re looking for. This not only gives them the information they need, it offers them a results-based program, accountability and a supportive community!
Alissa Rumsey MS, RD, CDN, CSCS is a New York City-based registered dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor who is passionate about empowering women to reclaim the space to eat and live unapologetically. She is the founder of Alissa Rumsey Nutrition and Wellness, a weight-inclusive private practice that specializes in intuitive eating, body acceptance and disordered eating recovery. Through her virtual one-on-one coaching and online programs, she helps people break the dieting cycle and cultivate a healthy and peaceful relationship with food and their bodies.
If you enjoyed this podcast, you may enjoy these 3 episodes about leveraging your practice with an online program:
- Ep.46 Program Content Overload
- Ep.49 Leveraged Business with Deanna Wolfe
- Ep.53 Create a Program Your People Need with Alissa Rumsey
Want to try The Leveraged Practice Program for free?
We’d love to coach you on the biggest stumbling block we see… identifying the right program topic, so you actually get paid clients. Now you can do our first training, without being a paid client (This is the very first time I’ve ever pulled a training right out of the TLP program to share for free!).
You’ll accomplish these 3 things:
- Identify the Problem: So that your program can be the solution and you can change lives.
- Focus on the Right People: Define your ideal client who will actually want to buy your program (not just people wanting free stuff).
- Position Your Program: Establish the key language to set you apart in the market and make sales.
You’ll also be held accountable with daily email check-ins connecting with you about your work, giving you feedback and additional resources to support you!