Ep.51 Adding a Program to Your Successful Practice with Jennnifer McGurk
Connecting online with clients and other health professionals has been such a fun experience! It’s an opportunity to learn both about their area of expertise AND how they help grow their clients’ knowledge about their bodies, while supporting them in their health.
It’s amazing to see how we’re all here to lift each other up and create an impact on health!
Today, we have a guest who has done just that. Jennnifer McGurk, Registered Dieititan Nutritionist, created her business, Pursuing Private Practice while continuing to run her private practice, Eat with Knowledge. She shares her journey about growing her private practice AND building a business to pursue her dream of helping other dietitians.
She shows us that you can work for yourself successfully without the need of working for someone else for a long time!
Here’s what we talked about:
- How Jennifer began creating her online program (as she continued to grow her practice!)
- Her tip on how to continuously improve your program (your clients are your best market research!)
- The breakdown of what her program includes (and what tech she’s been using!)
- Connecting and marketing online (Jennifer feels the most important thing is to be authentically You in your messaging!)
- Differences between marketing a health based program and a professional program (and how staying consistent is important for both!)
- The goals of your content (they center around inspiration, education and entertainment!)
When starting an online program or a business, the most important decision that you can make is knowing that you’re going to start and knowing that you’re going to work through the ups and the downs. You start small and then you build up so you can have the bigger impact you’ve been dreaming of!
Jennifer McGurk, RDN, CDN, CDE, CEDRD-S is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist whose mission is to help people heal from diets, and find peace and balance with their food choices. She is the owner of Eat With Knowledge in Nyack, NY. She leads a team of dietitians who support the philosophy, “Feel fabulous about food!”
Jennifer has created the business, Pursuing Private Practice, along with authoring a book series of the same name, to help other healthcare professionals reach their goal of owning their own business. She loves being involved in her professional community and takes great pride in helping other dietitians achieve their goals and have an amazing career!
If you enjoyed this podcast, you may enjoy these 3 episodes about other health professionals who also added a program to their practice:
- Ep. 24: Grow Your Practice with Counselling and Online Programs with Vanessa Perrone
- Ep.48 Online Program Launch Success with Jay Baum
- Ep.49 Leveraged Business with Deanna Wolfe
Don’t forget to get your free copy of the The Perfect Program Idea Workbook! These simple 3 steps will help you nail down the right program idea for your audience. Click here to download.