Ep. 68 Avoid Bad Business Advice
As you’re establishing, growing and pivoting your business online, there are a lot of available resources, programs and pieces of advice.
It’s so easy to get caught up, overwhelmed and distracted with all of the advice there is!
There are podcasts, magazines, blogs and Facebook groups with people positioning themselves as experts and sharing business advice. The issue is when this advice is based on people taking guesses, and not based on actual results.
Today, I’m giving you tips on how to avoid taking bad business advice and how you can become more comfortable making business decisions.
Here’s what I covered:
- How we must remember how important it is to look at the research (keeping quantity, quality and time span in mind!)
- What questions to consider when you want to work with someone to guide you in your business goals (including what do you need next?)
- The importance of narrowing down who you follow and making sure you’re picking someone who has achieved what you’re striving for (it’s better to keep it to 1-2 people!)
- Getting clear on a focused plan for the next 12 months (and making sure you’re implementing what you’re learning!)
Remember, there is not just one way of doing something. There isn’t just one person, one tactic, or one system that you have to follow to get the results you want. You don’t need to learn everything all at once, just focus on what you need first to create that online program you’ve been envisioning!
If you enjoyed this podcast, you may enjoy these 3 episodes about transitioning online:
- Ep.47 Transitioning to Online
- Ep.52 Where do I start?
If your business plan includes building and launching an online program, we’d love to have you join us in the Leverage Your Practice Facebook Group. We have weekly trainings to help you know where to start, what to focus on and how to create a results-driven program, plus support, resources and training on the marketing and selling of your program!