Ep. 78 Fear of Failure
Last week, I failed at something I did not want to fail at.
Maybe I set my expectations too high. Or it’s probably that I didn’t take my own advice that failing is just a part of life, a part of learning and that failing happens every single day.
When I started this podcast, I committed to myself that I would never miss a week as this is my consistent, reliable content that I create to connect with people, share stories, help people learn, help you get to know me better and do good in the world.
As I’ve transitioned back into work after having my third baby, things have gotten challenging and full, so last week I didn’t release a podcast episode – and I’m disappointed.
Today, I wanted to talk about the fear of failure and failure as a whole. I talk with many people who are dealing with a fear of failure that’s stopping them from moving their practice online or taking certain necessary steps within their business. I share my own story of how I failed last week and how I took the action steps that I share with you today to reflect on that.
Here’s what I talked about:
- What I hear most often that health professionals fear about creating an online program (you may be feeling this way too!)
- The truth about failure (you will fail every day, even multiple times daily – AND that’s okay!)
- A question that we aren’t used to asking ourselves (I heard Sara Blakely, the Founder of Spanx share this in her story!)
- The action steps you can take today as you think and reflect on what you feel you have failed at (and realize that deep down you’re not afraid!)
- What you’re missing out on by being afraid of failing and not doing what you want to do (your options are to either beat yourself up or pick yourself up when you fail!)
Building an online program and launching it out in the world is challenging and it isn’t easy, but it’s exciting, interesting and fun. By knowing that you can overcome this fear of failure, put yourself out there and learn by making mistakes every day, you can change so many people’s lives – and it’ll all be worth it!
If you enjoyed this podcast, you may enjoy these 3 episodes about lessons I’ve learned in my life and business journey:
- Ep.23: She Told Me It’s Never Been Done
- Ep.33 When Your Dream Isn’t Your Dream
- Ep.37 Working Mamas, I See You
If you want to move your business online and keep your practice thriving no matter what’s going on in the world around you, now’s the time to get your plan together. Join me starting October 5th to get the exact steps you need to create an online program and have the chance to join in discussion, ask questions and get advice from the industry expert! Click here to register